Saturday, July 9, 2011

An Ode to the (Low Temp) Hot Glue Gun

As a crafty sort of girl (referring to my fondness for making sock puppets and decoupage frames, not my wiliness), a low temp hot glue gun is sometimes my best friend.  Note that it’s the low temp one that I like, because I am far too clumsy to use the higher temp glue guns that really hurt when you burn yourself…which I do…all the time.  Anyway, I was using a glue gun the other day to piece together children’s costumes and I marveled at the glue gun’s amazingness.  I love it so much that if I was a superhero, my tool of choice would totally be a glue gun.  Listen, you could fix anything with it, and destroy villains with it too- it's a good choice.  Anyway, here’s my ode to the hot glue gun (as you will see, it is titled appropriately).


An Ode to the (Low Temp) Hot Glue Gun

O Glue Gun of a medium hot heat,
Thanks ever so much
For making crafts so easy,
And so fun.
Within seconds-
Something that seemed impossible
Is now a reality.
Because of you.
The Almighty (low temp) Glue Gun.
Although you burn my fingers,
I forgive you.
Because you were only doing your job
And I got in the way.
You can do anything.
Felt, fabric, feathers-
You make it work.
You’re there whenever I need you,
(As long as I can wait a minute for you to warm up),
And you’re always willing to help.
You have the power of a god,
And the qualities of a best friend.
O Glue Gun of a medium hot heat,
Thanks ever so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment